Sign in to follow this  

CRF front fender

Hey guys who has fitted aftermarket other model front fender.With CR85 fork on 230f.I use stock Cr85 fender.Last big ride,was told we may have rain/mud.The Cr85 fender front end is 4 in shorter then other off road bikes.So I already know,if I get stuck out in the mud.Stock fender will throw mud right at googles.So as temp fix,I put on 4in ext. BTRPTDC0250.JPG

personally I like the looks of the fender extender, and you could also run a rubber flap like we did back in the 70's

sorry I couldn't help your specific question, im running CR500 forks on my 230. (with stock 230 fender)

Edited by daled
  • Like 1

I bolted a 250R front fender and it fit just fine.  It was an '08 and I bolted it to an '09 230F.  Not sure which years fit and which don't but I have heard that some years don't fit.  The rear of the fender extends down quite a bit lower than the stock fender.  I prefer the look of the OEM fender though so I swapped it back.  Around here, mud really isn't an issue so I don't really need the extra coverage.

• Like 1

I bolted a 250R front fender and it fit just fine.  It was an '08 and I bolted it to an '09 230F.  Not sure which years fit and which don't but I have heard that some years don't fit.  The rear of the fender extends down quite a bit lower than the stock fender.  I prefer the look of the OEM fender though so I swapped it back.  Around here, mud really isn't an issue so I don't really need the extra coverage.

Mud is not big issue here,but this is supposed to be wet year.We have red clay,so I would like winter front fender.

Hello guys ..

I think the taste of each one is different.

I made the CRF150 R fork conversion already .. and I preferred to leave the CRF150 front fender installed..

by moving it higher up to touch lower triple clamp..

Greetings from Italy.

1446936953135.jpg

1446936980067.jpg

• Like 2

Hello guys ..

I think the taste of each one is different.

I made the CRF150 R fork conversion already .. and I preferred to leave the CRF150 front fender installed..

by moving it higher up to touch lower triple clamp..

Greetings from Italy.

Greetings to CP from Mexico.The stock CR85 fender perfect for me,for the summer.I want one for winter use,red clay and mud,would make stock fender useless.Im thinking maybe if Wr or 250X fender may fit.

• Like 1

bello sentire da voi attraversa lettore . Il suo stato un po ' di tempo . bici sembra grande .

did you ever finish you custom shrowd project ?

• Like 2

Greetings to CP from Mexico.The stock CR85 fender perfect for me,for the summer.I want one for winter use,red clay and mud,would make stock fender useless.Im thinking maybe if Wr or 250X fender may fit.

I have installed (to test) a CRF250 front fender .. and I can say that it is compatible.

Any Idea what year CRF250 we are talking about.Thanks Much