Sign in to follow this  

Harbor Freight Lift Stand

Anyone own one of these and if so how do you like it. Thinking about getting one but dont know how itll hold up. 

image_21230.jpg

many a Shovelhead owner use them with success,,,(get um when it goes on sale)

most add a HF  chock

or chock

(when it goes on sale)

an them harleys weigh 600-700lbs+

right now its on sale for 430 dollars

The only thing I'll say about everything HF is that the bolts tend to be of horrifying quality. I'd replace all the bolts with proper stuff (thankfully for me the nut and bolt shop is literally two doors down from HF, for the aluminum motorcycle rear wheel stand I just walked straight from HF to tacoma screw and got helicoils and new bolts because that stand is great, but the bolts are &%$#@!ing aluminum and strip when hand tightened.

My Dad has one for his bikes. Replaced the wheel chock with a better HF one. And added some anchor points for tie downs just in case. I worked on his bikes prepping them for a 1000 mile ride this summer. We had a Ducati Multistrada, BMW GS700, and a Harley V-rod on it. He has had it for a couple years now with no complaints.

If I ever get the room in my garage I will get one.

I have had this one for about 12+ years now.  Lifts my BMW and is nice for just an auxiliary work bench as well.

8189257_orig.jpg?357

I never thought about getting one of those, I just use an old hospital gurney and some axle stands.  The deck is can be tilted and adjusted for height so it's pretty good for the time being.  Maybe I'll see if I can get a proper stand over here.

IMG_0171.JPG