Albany Wyoming riding/camping?

Does anyone have some info on camping/riding in this area? Looking into this area for some new adventures. I know we would need ORV stickers for that state, but not a big deal if its worth the trip. Introducing wife and daughter into the sport and they have gone to Gould a few times, Red Feather area as well. Can anybody shed some light in either one of those areas in Wyoming please?

• 5 months later...

I actually rode here in July last year, fun trip. Lots of logs from the beetle kill. Both the official maps of the area are terrible (the free tourist one and the MVUM), there are many trails unlisted, and entrances/exits are innacurate for many locations. Remember to get the Wyoming ORV sticker before you go, if you're from Colorado like me.

This is just my brother and I riding around some of the forest roads in the area, and looking at the Dam.

This is a collection of random <50" trails we found, which weren't on the map.

My first time trying to jump logs. I had only been riding a few months at the time.

We actually went here because it was raining everywhere in Colorado that weekend. I had remembered seeing the 5001 trail on one of the free maps we got, which was the only 'trail' listed in SE Wyoming. Had we known how many ATV trails existed, we probably would have used satelite imagery to make our own maps then used them instead.

Still, very good riding experience. Now I can handle logs no problem.

• Like 3

Riding in a beautiful area up in WY, and your not that far from me from the looks of your channel, might see you around, just look for a skinny guy on a heavy KLR 650 :ride: ?

Well, that is uncommon for KLR's, but it's still the most common 'dual sport' out there. I know three guys who make in Colorado with KLRs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...