Sign in to follow this  

Kx450f 2007 brake upgrade

I did the same upgrade. I was on a budget at the time but I went with rocky mtn atv tusk oversized rotor kit. It works great and I would recommend it. Cheers

• Like 1

Swapping the Honda stuff over is mostly psychological.  Flushing the brake fluid and putting in quality dot4 fluid will yield the most gains.  Tusk makes an oversized rotor that is the most bang for the buck.  If you have an 07 and the fluid has never been flushed, it is full of breakdown, condensation and sadness.  Freshen it up every sp often especially if you ride in wet climates.

• Like 1

Swapping the Honda stuff over is mostly psychological. Flushing the brake fluid and putting in quality dot4 fluid will yield the most gains. Tusk makes an oversized rotor that is the most bang for the buck. If you have an 07 and the fluid has never been flushed, it is full of breakdown, condensation and sadness. Freshen it up every sp often especially if you ride in wet climates.

I agree. I recently changed the pads and did a flush. Night and day difference.

EBC oversized rotor,some difference,87 CR master and 87 oem honda pads,HUGE. All together,awesome 1 finger stopping with 1/2 inch of lever movement.Fluid makes no difference in brake power or feel,it is the size of the master piston/leverage ratio,rotor size and pad softness.

Troy, hope u were talking about 07 Cr stuff not 87.  What u said is correct, assuming you don't have 8 year old fluid in your system.  EBC is good but spendy. The Tusk oversized rotor is a great product and easier on the wallet.

87 is what I used,of course it was flushed,been at this game for 47 years,you learn what works.