Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know where i can get a silencer endcap?

So i was riding yesterday in a corner track and was really being hard on the bike. The ruts were deep sand ruts and she was getting pretty hot. 

It started idling high. Probably a lean condition ( need to rejet it for cooler temps). and i noticed the bike was making a new sound and was much louder. I look back and the thing is shooting sparks out the back and the endcap had melted off. 

i was kinda freaked out because this has never happened to me before. 

But anyways is there a place online that would sell a endcap? I checked motosport and rockymoutain with no luck there. Basically have to buy a new silencer  which isn't necessary in my case.

So i was riding yesterday in a corner track and was really being hard on the bike. The ruts were deep sand ruts and she was getting pretty hot. 

It started idling high. Probably a lean condition ( need to rejet it for cooler temps). and i noticed the bike was making a new sound and was much louder. I look back and the thing is shooting sparks out the back and the endcap had melted off. 

i was kinda freaked out because this has never happened to me before. 

But anyways is there a place online that would sell a endcap? I checked motosport and rockymoutain with no luck there. Basically have to buy a new silencer  which isn't necessary in my case.

If the end cap melted off, what do the internals of the silencer look like? Might be time for a new silencer.