Sign in to follow this  

Bike smokes

I have a pitster pro 150 gpx and I cannot get the bike to stop smoking I replaced the valve seals the piston and rings while honing the cylinder hoping that would do it but still smokes. I guess the only thing left to replace are the valves (which are not bent ) I also cleaned them because they had a good carbon build going and seeded them, I am not sure if this bike has replaceable valve guides or not but if so that would also be the other piece I have not replaced.

Why on earth would you put money into that chinese motor?

You  can buy a whole new motor for $450.....

The only way to know is to do a leak-down test on the motor.

I assume it is smoking blue/white.....

On my bike, if the oil level is too high, it will smoke until it burns off excess oil, which takes a long time. It could also be valve seals, or some sort of oil from your carb (from air filter or whatnot)

Are filter and carb are all brand new and I baught the bike from pitster and that's the motor that came with it from Colorado says American made its an 07

It is more white then blue I've been fighting this for a while and have been replacing everything but you are right I have been looking at the ho 160 for about 600 but before I do that I'll just buy a brand new nitros circus bike