g823

2016 kx450f air fork settings?

Just curious what some lighter weight riders are running for pressure? Got about 6 hours on the bike so far and this is where I'm at.. 160lb, 35 year old, c rider. 160 inner, 14.5 outer, 195 bal.

This feels pretty good but would like to try some other settings.

13 clicks out on comp and rebound with that same pressure your running.?

Your pretty close on your air pressures. Go 5mm fork above triple, 105mm sag, 170 inner, 14.5 outer, 203 balance. Might be able to go up on the inner as far as 175- 180 without changing the other numbers.

I wish there was a sticky for tac fork settings with rider weight and class. The problem is that the plus age group classes really skew ability per district.

Your pretty close on your air pressures. Go 5mm fork above triple, 105mm sag, 170 inner, 14.5 outer, 203 balance. Might be able to go up on the inner as far as 175- 180 without changing the other numbers.

I wish there was a sticky for tac fork settings with rider weight and class. The problem is that the plus age group classes really skew ability per district.

Fork clickers are still at factory settings 9 comp, 13 rebound and 5mm over clamps. I changed out the rear spring from race tech's recommendations to 5.2 from the stock 5.3. My local suspension guy set the sag at 103mm. This has been pretty good for a baseline but think it can be fine tuned. This is the first time I have owned air forks so I'm still trying to get them figured out.

gonna try your settings this weekend to see if it works better for me. Thanks
  • Like 1

i know this thread is long dead but if you still have any knowledge about these forks it would be GREATLY appreciated. So,i’ve been having an issue with my 16 kx450 and my forks seem to sag about an inch lower than they should when no one is on it. if it was a bike i haven’t owned since new i would just assume the forks are shot and need a overhaul but they have 12.6 hours on them since i got it off the showroom floor and at 6.3 i sent them out to factory connection for a complete overhaul front and back. my shock works beautifully but my forks have been sloppy and the bike sags so about 3 inches when riding and it’s incredibly annoying considering how much i had to pay factory connection. if you need i can post a picture of the sag and yes i have a digital pump to make sure is spot on. i run 170 inner 11 outer and 203 in my balance. i’ve been trying to put more air into the forks to reduce the sag but it doesn’t seems to help

Try completely emptying only your balance chamber. Then filling it back up. Sometimes these forks have to "reset" in a sense.