Sign in to follow this  

ANYBODY ELSE RUN #'S ON THEIR PLATE GRAPHICS?

HUGE numbers!!! But they are starting to grow on me. This is the number I have used since I used to race motocross in the 70's,and I still use it on my MX bikes today.

I just taped these on to get a look at them.

Am I the only DRZ owner to run numbers?001.JPG013.JPG

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 2

I bet you read Motocross Action.Lol. It's more of an I.D. for me now,and kinda nostalgic.I'm old enough now to do what I think is fun,and what I think is cool to me.There's great freedom in it.And I like that it makes the bike look more moto,and less um,streety.

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 1

"I am not a number, I am a free man"!  See if anyone knows that lyric...

You have 3 sweet a** bikes in that garage.  Lovein that YZ with the old school colors, and liking your side cover graphics with the numbers on the DRZ.

• Like 4

I actually do race my drz and I use to leave my #'s on when I rode street...but I don't anymore because I like to ride fast and the #'s make it too easy to identify my ass!  lol

10551470_4569575533178_2475763248153186228_o.jpg

• Like 5

Other than hopping curbs in parking lots,I think the only reason the cops would pull me over is to give me a "Good Driver" certificate for obedience to, and recognition of,all the laws of this state.

I just want to LOOK fast!  I save my life threatening speed and go big or go home attitude for the motocross track every weekend.(I'm lying....I'm pretty pedestrian out there,too)

• Like 1

You have 3 sweet a** bikes in that garage.  Lovein that YZ with the old school colors, and liking your side cover graphics with the numbers on the DRZ.

Reminds me of Bob Seeger,but it's not. And thanks for the compliment.

Edited by flapwick

I've been running #'s on everything since my earlier days of BMX & a little enduro racing. My bikes don't seem complete without them although the word "poser" seems to surface regularly within the groups I ride with...  :devil:  It's not looking like I'll outgrow having #'s anytime soon  :excuseme:

DSCN1049.JPG

DSCN2080.JPG

P9010069.JPG 

• Like 3

I've seen several on here that run numbers. I don't think less or more of anyone who does...its just your own preference! Numbers look fine!

• Like 3

Iron Maiden...

I would rather it be "it was a blue bike" and not "it was a blue bike with number 666 on it"

Edited by rideitfixitrideit
  • Like 3

Iron Maiden...

I would rather it be "it was a blue bike" and not "it was a blue bike with number 666 on it"

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

HUGE numbers!!! But they are starting to grow on me. This is the number I have used since I used to race motocross in the 70's,and I still use it on my MX bikes today.

I just taped these on to get a look at them.

Am I the only DRZ owner to run numbers?📎001.JPG📎013.JPG

http://www.nineoneninedesigns.com/full-kits/suzuki-full-kits

No need to thank me  ;) .

I dont race my DRZ, so no numbers needed.

Need ya number for Luck  :thumbsup:

Also lets you know who you're about to roost with mud when ya mates run numbers   :devil: .

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 2

I decided to break out my collection of Krylon Fusion Plastic paint and do my own plate designs,and then I'll just buy the numbers I like.

Here's some of my past Krylonics on a YZ125 I had. Fenders,fork protectors,side plates,are all Krylon.

426 to jimandannes 237.jpg

426 to jimandannes 230.jpg

426 to jimandannes 223.jpg

• Like 5

I like them.  If it has a number-plate on it, then it's meant to have numbers.  I also have some nostalgia to my old racing numbers from mx, and I still do the occasional MX race a couple times a year on my old '95 kx.  Even for people who never raced, I like seeing people put things on their plates like 911, 69, 86d, etc.  

I'd like to put some understated numbers, like a ghosted look on my black drz.  Anyone know where to buy numbers in other colors, such as gray?  Or a graphics company that'll make custom numbers, like dark gray with a very dark red outline around each number?

• Like 1

I like them. If it has a number-plate on it, then it's meant to have numbers. I also have some nostalgia to my old racing numbers from mx, and I still do the occasional MX race a couple times a year on my old '95 kx. Even for people who never raced, I like seeing people put things on their plates like 911, 69, 86d, etc.

I'd like to put some understated numbers, like a ghosted look on my black drz. Anyone know where to buy numbers in other colors, such as gray? Or a graphics company that'll make custom numbers, like dark gray with a very dark red outline around each number?

https://www.decalmx.com/designListing.php?catID=28&bikeMakeID=14

You can get any color combo, number fonts and colored outlins on numbers etc

If it's a special color not listed you may need to call.

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651
  • Like 1