Sign in to follow this  

California Wilseyville Returned!

This past weekend brought back the historic Wilseyville Hare Scramble. Course was amazing even though very dusty. I made a video of the AA/A pro race and some kids races, Check it out!

• Like 4

I thought Wilseyvile was shut down because all the neighbors were fighting to stop the land owner from letting events on his land. Hopefully he won. Cheers.

I thought Wilseyvile was shut down because all the neighbors were fighting to stop the land owner from letting events on his land. Hopefully he won. Cheers.

Wilseyville is ran on three pieces of private property by three separate owners. One of the original property owners sold his land and the new owner didn't want to run the race. It took the District, promoters, sponsors and other land owners 2 years to convince them otherwise. Now it's back. At least that's the story I was told about a month ago by one of the course builders.

Was a fun race.....but DUSTY as hell! Couldn't see a lot of times and couldn't breath most the time.

• Like 1

I got my ass handed to me at that race for sure but it was a fun course .

Proud to say I participated in a race that has been going on since 1949 :thumbsup:

w%2013_zps1quqatrf.jpg

Glad the Butte fire didn't decimate it like the towns I saw on the way to the race,

very sad to see some of the homes that were lost .   

A lot of the Sat adult course were trails that were obviously not used only once every couple

years .

Who do you gotta know to ride there when there is not a race going on ?

• Like 1