Honda Odyssey

I have a 1977 honda Odyssey go kart an since its 2 stroke its very hard to start in the winter and wears me out I first thought to put hot water on it but I think it will just crack the cylinder idk plz help

If your winter riding you will want to put in a bigger pilot jet for the cold starting and a bigger main because the temp. While your in there you may as well rebuild it because its so old.

The Odyssey's original manual most likely recommended 20:1, that was a very common 'safe' premix ratio during that era of mineral only oils.

A few Google searches of ATV discussion forums found mention that the 1980 model was indeed 20:1

Even my then brand new 1986 Honda CR125R manual stated to mix at 20:1, needless to say it fouled plugs on every trailride

and even managed to seize the piston during a brief WOT moment due to too lean a main jet...Proof that fuel cools the piston, not oil.

As I remember the 1986 KX125 was already at 32:1 and many people at the time though that was way too little oil!

32:1 with today's quality oils should be fine in that old engine, it is a rather low rpm/low output by today's standards

but since it has to push around a heavier machine it sees higher loading than a dirtbike.

Might require a bit of jetting / fine-tuning as Krannie mentionned as it will now run a tad richer with less oil mixed in.

Oddyssey_250.jpg

Edited by mlatour