Sign in to follow this  

Neutral light + turn signal issue

Weird randomness today - my neutral light wasn't coming on while the bike was in neutral. When I dropped the kickstand the engine would cut as if the bike was in gear. I pushed on those wires at the clutch + things seemed okay. Then I turn on my left signal + it's flashing really fast at some blast tempo - it's also not working at the rear. The right works fine - front + rear. Any ideas?

Weird randomness today - my neutral light wasn't coming on while the bike was in neutral. When I dropped the kickstand the engine would cut as if the bike was in gear. I pushed on those wires at the clutch + things seemed okay. Then I turn on my left signal + it's flashing really fast at some blast tempo - it's also not working at the rear. The right works fine - front + rear. Any ideas?

Normally a fast blinking turn indicator means you have a bulb that is not working and needs replaced.  

I have been meaning to get rid of all my safety switches but have just not done it yet. When you pushed in the clutch wires did you neutral light come back on ?  

yep, rear left lamp needs changing (you plant bulbs Gman :p ) 

My neautral light sometimes isn't 'there'... a quick fiddle with the cable down by the shift lever sorts it out.  Must get round to having a look at that :prof:

• Like 1

Exactly why I removed those dumb switches immediately I don't want that happening in the woods. The last event I worked there was 3 dnfs due kickstand switch

• Like 1

yea, I thinks it's the bulb. If I give it a couple whacks it sorts itself out for a bit then stops working again. Gonna grab a bulb on the weekend. The fact that smacking it seems to help, does this maybe indicate a loose wire/connection somewhere? I pulled the connectors right out of the clutch + put them back in – which seems to have righted the neutral light issue. Thanks for the input guys!!!

• Like 1

The fact that smacking it seems to help, does this maybe indicate a loose wire/connection somewhere?

No I don't think so ... The element can be just barely broken and not really blown so when you smack it .... it makes contact and lights up !!! 

TioLucas.gif

If a rear indicator bulb has blown the front one flashes twice as fast, if a front indicator bulb has blown the rear one no longer flashes, it's the same in cars.

Edited by <Ian Nicoll/>