Sign in to follow this  

2011 Fuel Leak.... &%$#@!

So I admit, have not ridden much this year because life getting in the way, but this has me stumped.

Walked into garage and was met with the distinct smell of fuel. Sniffed around and the Honda was the culprit.

Stand had a bit of fuel on it, underside of frame rail had some fuel on it, can't see any obvious leak from anywhere as yet.

Anyone come across this before? I presume something has perished? Stuck/Leaky injector?

I will change oil before next ride no matter what now just for peace of mind. But this is a new one to me, fuel injected bikes shouldn't do this lol.

*edit* Just took a closer look, seems to be weeping from the bolts below the waterpump, so that's sump I presume? Sheeeeeeiiit

RItffYQ.jpg

Edited by brash

looks like it's coming from the fuel pump, so I presume the gasket is stuffed. Or could be something else......

Ok certain it's the gasket, where can I source one? Honda Aus say only comes as a full pump assembly which is ridiculous.

Best thing to do with that dealership is never step back in their door again. They rather take your money than help you.

Never had to pull the pump out but it looks like part no.3 and 4. You maybe able to find them at a bearing shop for a few dollars.

503537FE-DD0B-40E5-8E0D-1DB1E1740D10_zps

C9CD991F-4B00-4C38-90E9-5C157C61BD5D_zps

Thanks so much for that, I'm sure it's parts 3,4 and 7 at worst. I'll replace all of them for 50 bucks!

What site is it?

*edit* I should have read up the top lol.

Thanks again. Lifesaver.

$800+ for a tank too lol.

Edited by brash