Sign in to follow this  

YZ250FX muffler options, need spark arrestor.

I just bought a lightly used YZ250FX that still has the stock muffler on it.

I need a spark arrestor to ride on the local trails.  I understand that the stock muffler doesn't have one ?

FMF makes several models of muffler for the YZ250FX.  I can't figure out which one to get.   What is the difference between the Q4 and the 4.1 ?

How much difference does an FMF muffler make power wise ?

How much weight difference is there between the stock muffler and an FMF ?

Thanks.

I need a spark arrestor to ride on the local trails.  I understand that the stock muffler doesn't have one ?

FMF makes several models of muffler for the YZ250FX.  I can't figure out which one to get.   What is the difference between the Q4 and the 4.1 ?

Thanks.

The stock muffler makes great power, just knock out that internal diverter which is tacked inside the core and you'll have the same thing that comes on a YZ, the aftermarket mufflers will save a bit of weight and some will be quieter but none of them are going to make a noticeable difference in power production over stock save your money and add a Pro Moto Billet end cap with removable sparky insert.

PMB end cap, with the baffle out the stocker works great.

• Like 2

Thanks.

Have you ridden the bike yet? They feel like a mountain bike in the single trails compared to a 450..

Have you ridden the bike yet? They feel like a mountain bike in the single trails compared to a 450..

As a matter of fact, I rode it for about 30 minutes on single track prior to buying it.  Yes, it is nimble.

I picked it up last night.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy