Sign in to follow this  

FreePower mod

I'm contemplating doing this mod, looks simple. My question is, I currently have the BajaDesigns street legal kit installed, and I already have the extra wiring going to my battery supplied with the kit, will adding the wires from FPM affect anything?

If too congested at the battery, I suggest connecting free power to the battery and moving the other wires to a different location such as the starting relay and any good  on the frame.

Congestion is not a problem, I didn't install the Baja kit, and wasn't sure if doing FPM would interfere somehow with the way the BD kit functions. If everything is copasetic, I plan on doing it tomorrow. I did scope out the job this morning and noticed the RRbox has a plug 8inches away, and I saw in the faq that you can use the leftover cut wires for battery charging, I think it said trickle charging. Can you use a regular MC battery charger on these cut wires? And I'm thinking to somehow utilize that RRplug, rig up half of the plug on my charger, then to charge the battery, just plug it into other half of plug that's still on bike and charge away. Good idea?

Congestion is not a problem, I didn't install the Baja kit, and wasn't sure if doing FPM would interfere somehow with the way the BD kit functions. If everything is copasetic, I plan on doing it tomorrow. I did scope out the job this morning and noticed the RRbox has a plug 8inches away, and I saw in the faq that you can use the leftover cut wires for battery charging, I think it said trickle charging. Can you use a regular MC battery charger on these cut wires? And I'm thinking to somehow utilize that RRplug, rig up half of the plug on my charger, then to charge the battery, just plug it into other half of plug that's still on bike and charge away. Good idea?

Does anyone know if this mod interferes with the Baja kit? Can I use a standard MC battery charger on these cut wires?

• Like 1

That is what I've read to do and plan on wiring an SAE plug to it for that purpose or a extra power point. Just unplug the tender and plug in your accessories.

Dmouse - No, it will not interfere with the function of the BD kit.  Yes, you can use the cut wires for battery charge with a standard MC battery charger.

• Like 1