Sign in to follow this  

Engine swap

I have a 1998 Cr125 and I am considering outing a 250 engine in it. If anyone knows what motor would fit in a 98 that would be helpful. I'm thinking a Cr 150

Would a Cr 250 engine fit in a 1998 Cr 125 frame? What years would fit if it is possible. I'm going to call up cycles r us and see what years they have. If I end up doing the swap, what else would I have to buy for it to work? Would the carb, pipe, ecm? Or would it be better to just buy a used 250. My budget is 2500 or less for a new bike. For the engine swap and all that, how much would that run for? I'm doing all the work myself.

Would a Cr 250 engine fit in a 1998 Cr 125 frame? What years would fit if it is possible. I'm going to call up cycles r us and see what years they have. If I end up doing the swap, what else would I have to buy for it to work? Would the carb, pipe, ecm? Or would it be better to just buy a used 250. My budget is 2500 or less for a new bike. For the engine swap and all that, how much would that run for? I'm doing all the work myself.

No CR250 will bolt directly into your '98 CR125 frame, with enough surgery I suppose it's possible. You'll be miles ahead to sell the 125 and buy what you want