Sign in to follow this  

Fan install on 250FX, fuse required?

Hey Guys, i just mounted the fan on my new FX and took it out for a ride.   I mounted it and plugged it in the existing wires.  I was amazed how easy and clean the install was.   However after the first ride the fan never came on.  I am assuming there is a fuse or something i need to add? or does anyone know if the fan is already prewired with thermostat and fuse?   Thanks

It will not come on until the bike temp is 192. Let it idle sitting still for a while and it will come on. Mine hardly ever comes on while moving even in 90 plus temps.

ok thanks guys,  there is a good chance it never got it hot  enough but before i tested the idea of "overheating" i thought would just make sure i didn't miss a step on install.  Thanx again!

I think it's a great fan setup. Easy plug connectors and mine fits great with the Unibiker rad guards! Don't think you will hear it - because it is very quiet. As mentioned above it comes on at about 190 degrees F

It takes a lot to get mine to turn on, I put almost 20 hours on it before I was riding some really nasty bushwalking style trail and it turned on. The fan is pretty quiet.