Sign in to follow this  

Super mini trail/trials build

Yesterday I started a winter project , purchased a roached 93 GG GT 160 frame, subframe and swingarm , a Paoli USD Beta fork and 96 JT shock, the doner bike is a 2003 TTR 125, while waiting for the parts to arrive I rebuilt the engine with BBR 150cc kit, performance clutch and have a stock flywheel as well as a lightened one and a CRF 150 carb.

The idea is to have a little thumper with trials geo ( I hate the TTR geo) and I needed a long term project. So far I have cut the frame up to accommodate the engine fabbed up new engine mounts and tack welded it back together , after assembling enough parts to "see what I have" I realized the fork angle doesnt seem/look right( about 74 degrees) and the wheel base is longer than expected ( 1346 mm), searching the web hasnt provided much info on modern trials head tube angle, the present rear wheel is 16 inch and that will get relaced with a 17 inch rim so it may help a bit, I will also extend the slots for the rear axle forward to help shorten the wheel base.

I will be fabricating Carbon bodywork and could use a broken/ trashed any model rear fender to serve as a mold if anyone has one laying around.

Anyway, I would appreciate any specs from a late model bike, thoughts, insight and constructive criticism are welcome. ( Yes I know I could have just bought a bike but this is as much a project as anything else.

The one pic is of the electric trials bike I built with hand made carbon bodywork.

DSCN1418.JPG

DSCN1419.JPG

th_011.jpg

• Like 2