Sign in to follow this  

Rain

We finally got rain yesterday,wet dirt today.This is first rain since I can remember.Hope 16 is wet year,as most areas North Baja are out of water.For last 3/4 months,we have only had.Water on 20min a day,if that.BTR

• Like 3

That is awesome news Larry. I need to get down there and go for a ride with ya..

Hope all is well..

• Like 1

Hope you get a lot more. Saw a picture of Laguna Hanson with water in it a couple weeks ago.

• Like 2

Looks awesome.

This route(how things Change in Baja) It goes 20 miles of abandoned Two track.one Abandoned Rancho,but dead end.So at start we see new gate,new No pases sign. We are thinking,maybe dont go in.We went in,couple miles. Oh know,people at Rancho,so I play my dum gringo (Normal.) Start taking,Tell them Im buddys of this rancho,that rancho give names.He is cool,I promise next run bottle tequila.Dam our two track gone bull dozed road all the way back.OH No Another big new rancho.We see people,thay see us.So we ride to gate,park bikes.I walk over a ways to house,people they dont look happy to see us. Start talking,They offer us lunch.He knows everybody I know,lives in same town.So the big question,any way to get outta here,not the way we came.He tells us old route going East.I promise Tequila,next week.Away we go,Ride in canyon.We keep thinking it has to dead end.Keeps going and going,nothing left but cow trail from old road.We finely see graded dirt road,off in distance,Hope now no lock gates.Get to another rancho,no one home.New 50 mile loop,right outta my home.That has been hiding from me for ages.BTR

• Like 3

Sounds like two bottles of tequila and another great ride. Never a dull moment on the trail of Baja

• Like 1

Hope you get a lot more. Saw a picture of Laguna Hanson with water in it a couple weeks ago.

Would love to see that full again

• Like 2

Nice picture. Are those boats in the background? Where or what is aronamos

i get my baja coastal weather report from this guy's webcam and weather station

http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/mchaser/2/show.html

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/MX/Camalu.html

i also get real jealous wishing i was looking at the ocean in real time and not my monitor at work :(

need more rain....

Edited by soylent_green
  • Like 1

More rain Late Sunday night,More this Monday Morn.No mud yet but hoping.Unless we get heavy down pour,Road it dry in few hours.Wet dirt,lots of green landscape wanted rain Gods.