Sign in to follow this  

Fresh to TT

Hey everyone i'm new to thumper talk, been on here a little bit floating around and couldn't find a reason not to sign up. I have a 2015 CRF250L stock. Definitely not a mechanic of any sort but planning on perking up my bike. Some mods I will be doing... FMF exhaust, still up in the air between the Q4 and the PowerCore. Not sure cause I can't seem to find much of a difference between the two other than the PC being a little louder than the Q4 due to the quiet insert not being in it. Any suggestions? Then i'm going to get the FMF Megabomb header. EJK controller from Dobeck Performance. Opening up the airbox a little bit with 1" air filters. Bash plate leaning towards Ad Teks. Some new handle bars. Sprockets upgrade. Lighter battery. Thats it for now, unless there are any other sweet/ necessary mods to really made this thing go.  

• Like 1

Welcome.

The mods you are considering seem to be the popular choices.  Also, read up on the Race Tech suspension and the clutch upgrade. Those are my next two mods.

Edited by sideseal24
  • Like 1

Odds are you'll want a better front tire at the very least if you ride off the pavement much or at all.

Welcome dude  :thumbsup:

Re exhaust...I had a PC4 on my CRFL & have one on my WRR. They are feckin loud! I don't mind so much as loud exhausts really do save lives where I live. However I nearly always ride with earplugs in. The days I don't my ears are ringing at night, like right now doh! If you do any commuting or motorway miles then the PC4 may well piss you off. I rode back from a weekend camping with buddies and I noticed that whoever was behind me would soon zip round in front of me to get away from the drone of the exhaust.

One advantage of the PC4 is you can get the insert for $35ish. I tried one on my WRR and found it was much better....I also discovered that blue loctite doesn't work when hot....insert is now missing in action.

• Like 1

Hey everyone i'm new to thumper talk, been on here a little bit floating around and couldn't find a reason not to sign up. I have a 2015 CRF250L stock. Definitely not a mechanic of any sort but planning on perking up my bike. Some mods I will be doing... FMF exhaust, still up in the air between the Q4 and the PowerCore. Not sure cause I can't seem to find much of a difference between the two other than the PC being a little louder than the Q4 due to the quiet insert not being in it. Any suggestions? Then i'm going to get the FMF Megabomb header. EJK controller from Dobeck Performance. Opening up the airbox a little bit with 1" air filters. Bash plate leaning towards Ad Teks. Some new handle bars. Sprockets upgrade. Lighter battery. Thats it for now, unless there are any other sweet/ necessary mods to really made this thing go.  

In my not so humble opinion ...   :lol:

Gearing, suspension, clutch and tires will give you much more benefit and enjoyment than just the little extra power you get from a stage 1 kit ....

I have done about every mod you can think of and If I were to do it all again and was on a budget that is what I would do first..... :ride:  

Welcome to the club ... :cheers:    

I agree with gnath.  I had a hard time throwing out perfectly good tires so I hesitated on them for about 1200 miles.  I was going to pull the wheel anyway to put a 42t sprocket on so I just went ahead and changed the tires.  All I have to say is I shouldn't have even bothered wheeling it off the showroom floor until they were changed.  Without a doubt it was the best mod I made and for a couple of more bucks go to a 13t front and a 42t rear.  (if you ride dirt that is.  The stock tires are actually pretty good on the street)  Depending on which tires and sprockets you are looking at $150-$250 bucks and it will be the best bang for the buck.  I can't speak on the clutch (my next mod) but by the way gnath talks about it that is another great bang for the buck.  I can tell you the race tech suspension is great but spending a grand on suspension isn't for everyone and depending on your wieght (like under 150lbs) and riding ability you might be able to get away with it.  I run a programer with the stock exhaust I like it quiet. 

• Like 1