Sign in to follow this  

!2006 ktm 300xcw Best Mods/known issues!

Best mods/ preventative maintenance on a 2006 ktm 300xcw. Just picked one up and was wondering if anyone Knows if their were any major issues for this year/model. I race Hare Scambles and it already has the the guards and it has a Rekluse 3.0exp clutch,suspension revalved for a 180lb rider and full exhaust. My last question is that I wiegh 140-150 do I need to go get it setup for my weight or do you guys think I can just adjust the Compression and rebound? Thanks again for any and all input!!

It's definitely sprung to stiff for you, do yourself a favor, and re-spring. I have an '06 250xc , it needed bearings front to back. I'd go through and just check . If for no or reason than to make sure everything is greased. 

Do what drumiv said. Ktms are awesome bikes. And well anything with a rekluse....... That's just awesome! Only thing I would do is maybe add a steering dampener, wasn't a believer till I had one on my bike

Make sure the powervalve pin has been welded.

That's the first of heard of that.What does that do? Pardon, if it's a dumb question.

That's the first of heard of that.What does that do? Pardon, if it's a dumb question.

Not a problem, not a dumb question at all. There is a pin that is on the mechanism that is on the side of the cylinder. It is on the clutch side of the engine. The pin has a tendency to fall out, causing some issues. I'll try to dig up some more info here in a bit.

Great info so far guys here a list of what's all done to it! I live in Springfield Mo and if I need to re spring it to my weight what are some good shops to take it to? I have heard of terry brumley but have never spoke with him in person but I hear he does a good job.

image.png

image.jpeg

Great info so far guys here a list of what's all done to it! I live in Springfield Mo and if I need to re spring it to my weight what are some good shops to take it to? I have heard of terry brumley but have never spoke with him in person but I hear he does a good job.

Local is a good way to go, because he'd  be familiar with your riding area/ terrain. I had my KTM done local (TF Racing), and my Honda came with Factor Connection's work. I like both.