Sign in to follow this  

2014/2015 RR 4Stroke Oversize Fuel Tank

hello everyone. Anyone know if/ who makes oversized tanks for the 4 stroke RR's? I have a 2014 480 and a 2015 480 (Race Edition!). 

I did a quick search on TT, and found tanks for older bikes but nothing newer ...

I called Clarke and IMS and both said they make them but only supply them direct to Beta .. Beta sells an oversize tank for close to $300! 

I'm hoping to find something cheaper if possible ...

Thanks!!

betas.jpg

I'd bite the bullet, sorry.

When I bought my Beta I got my IMS tank for $260.00 WITH my BYOB, almost 2 years ago now.....

Contact your Beta dealer and try for a discount.

For comparison looking on the IMS website, a 13-15 Husky FC450 oversized tank is $274.00

I never got through my first tank of fuel on my bike before swapping out the tiny OEM tank, for the IMS tank that came in the box of goodies from Beta

Edited by MarkBevans
  • Like 1

Try calling Dave at Get Dirty Dirt Bikes , see if he's got anything left. I admit they are expensive but worth it in the long run. My IMS went on within hours of getting the new bike. No regrets, peace of mind.

• Like 1

Try calling Dave at Get Dirty Dirt Bikes , see if he's got anything left. I admit they are expensive but worth it in the long run. My IMS went on within hours of getting the new bike. No regrets, peace of mind.

"In the long run".......no pun intended?!

• Like 1

I believe my dealer sells them for $280ish, I paid less with the discount for buying my bike there.

Also the carbed 4 strokes use the same IMS tank as the 2 strokes.

That's good to know. Should be added to cross reference thread.

I've got one that is practically new with 4 hours on it I'll sell for $225. I'm in central California. Ims tank in perfect condition.

• Like 1