Sign in to follow this  

1992 Yamaha serow 225 mountain tail

I've been looking a bike to trail ride around the farm and possibly ride 30 miles to work on weekends or something when there isn't much traffic on the road. Just had a guy tell me he's selling a 1992 Yamaha Serow 225 with 967 miles on it. He used it to ride around the apartment complex he owns and the thing looks and runs brand new. He seems firm on $1200. What do you guys think about these bikes and is that a fair price for the miles and great condition? Also, I grew up on dirtbikes and I'm 6'1 210 pounds. For those of you who have ridden them, how do you think this bike would do for my size and the type of ridding I want to do? (I have pictures but cannot see the bike until this weekend)

That's what I'm afraid of. I think it's a fair deal but I don't want to look like the jolly green giant when I'm riding it.

That's what I'm afraid of. I think it's a fair deal but I don't want to look like the jolly green giant when I'm riding it.

Add seat foam and rox risers. Unfortunately the pegs are static in location. If trail riding it's fine because your moving around all day but if road riding it's too small to remain comfortable.