Sign in to follow this  

2013 kx250f. Start and then Quit.

I just had to post this, maybe it will help some one. I am a old dude, 67, been working on dirt bikes since 69. I recently got a 2013 kx250f, very low hours. it ran low on oil because of the o ring just under the cam cap leaked, and messed up the intake cam. so I took the top end off and rebuilt it. while rebuilding it last night lost one of the dowel  to the cylinder head. got up at 5 and clean my garage and found it. put it mostly back together, left something hanging by the wires but just want to make sure it was water and oil tight before finally assembly. crank right up, then died, a few mins later crank right up then died. back to the forum. maybe it a bad fuel pump. then I saw where this bike has a lay down sensor. with a little up arrow on it. put it in place, heck it runs.  It's funny now, but not a few hours ago.

attached is a photo of me and my New 72 cr250 and my 59 chevy

T Green

1959 el cameano and me0001.jpg

Edited by TMG

Yup had my sons go out right before a race. Swaped mine over to his and it was good to go. He then borrowed a friends for the race weekend

The 59 el Camino, well in the winter of 1973 OPEC did an oil embargo and there was not gasoline around. the Chevy with a 348ci, 4 barrel and two speed auto, sure was heavy to push in the gas lines.