Sign in to follow this  

Tire Opinions

Heading to ride Hatfield McCoy trails tomorrow and am having a hard time deciding on a rear tire. I mounted a Vee Rubber GNCC tackee the other day I bought from a local shop because I couldn't get my hands on an Equillbrium. Well I went up to shop today and they got 6 of them in. So do I run the tackee or the Equillbrium? I have no experience with either tire.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1446672716.738768.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1446672737.967292.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1446672754.854813.jpg

I just got my Equilibrium mounted up and only have 1 ride on it. My 1 ride was in central TX, rocky lime stone ledges, and loose rock. And post some major rain storms. I am by no means a racer, I am a very average riders. With that said I loved it! Hooked up great in slick dirt, rock, and roots. I rode it as hard as I could and it still looks new.

• Like 1

Been running the Vee Rubber tackee for about the last three year's.

The good is they stick. The bad is they don't last real long. On a MX type track I run the 140 in the wood's I run the 300.

I have run them with and without the trials or tackee compound. With it the cling to everything without it they last longer.

I don't run the front like the M59 better.

Been running the Vee Rubber tackee for about the last three year's.

The good is they stick. The bad is they don't last real long. On a MX type track I run the 140 in the wood's I run the 300.

I have run them with and without the trials or tackee compound. With it the cling to everything without it they last longer.

I don't run the front like the M59 better.

I'm not real concerned with how long they last, just curious how well they hook up on hard pack, rocks, roots, and mud.

In the rocks and roots the Equilibrium is fantastic. It works well anywhere you would want a trials tire but crosses over into mud better imo. I love this tire and want to try it with Tubliss next. I have not tried the Tackee.

Edited by clappedoutkx
  • Like 1

I would run the living crap out of the one you have mounted and take the equilibrium as a spare.

I've been waiting to mount up a 19" equilibrium and nice to see the positive feed back

You will not believe the traction ,its like cheating.

If its all trail run the 300 series. The 140 is good but the 300 is better in the wood's.

I have run them in 18 and 19 inch and they work well. Just remember that it comes with or without the trials compound so check as they all say GNCC on the sidewall.

FYI the Vee Rubber trials tire has a extra ply in the sidewall unlike the Dunlop or the MT43 it holds up better it you hit the berms. These also come in 18 or 19. Vee Rubber saw most guys racing trial's tires so they tuned it for that.

• Like 1