Sign in to follow this  

Any fellow SoCal riders use T-Mobile?

Posting here because I'm curious if T-Mobile is any good in areas past LA-OC metro.

I've had att for years and they've been throttling my unlimited data plan for the past few years and I'm sick of it and considering changing carriers.

Not interested in Verizon, had them for 10yrs or sprint (runs on vzw network).

T mobile seems close to Verizon from my experience. I had Verizon but got tired of the bs. T mobile - 10 gb per line!

• Like 1

I have had T-Mobile for a while, and it seems they have increased the power in some locations.  However, I find that some places we visit in the desert, T-Mobile is dead but att or sprint gets a good signal at the same location. I have had dropped calls and wavering signal levels, but overall, it is fine.  I use my data as a backup tether when my (Comcast/time warner, whatever we are called today) decides to go down. and my rollover inutes are adding up pretty good, since I mostly use the data when out on camping or backup at home.

Edited by msgtretired
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm def interested in the coverage where we all ride.  ART is pretty damn good but like I said I have a hard time getting a damn web page to load and just sick of it.

Thanks much!

Ive got Metro PCS which T Mobile owns and its on the same network now.    

10x better coverage after tmobiles network took over but Verizon coverage is definitely better........and way more expensive too

I dont care most places i dont have 4G coverge usually i have better things to do anyway (desert,river).....or i make someone with verizon hotspot their phone

• Like 1

I use page plus, uses the verizon towers but I seem to get the best reception over most my riding buddies in off-the-grid areas

• Like 1

After years with Sprint and Verizon I found ATT to be better in the remote locations where I live and ride. I even get 4G at my house in the middle of no where.

I've been surprised by TMoble users having good access in some of the same places.  Not high speed but access none the less.

• Like 1

I'll second what Jeff said- I've been impressed by ATT coverage out in the boonies. GF has Sprint and her coverage in the desert isn't nearly as good as mine.

A couple of my coworkers are tech guys and they explained that ATT uses lower frequency bandwidths which travel further and penetrate buildings better (or something to that effect). 

I use Cricket prepaid (ATT towers). $35/month (if you set up autopay) for 2.5gb of data at 8mbps. Plenty fast for me.

Edited by mitchb
  • Like 1

I'll second what Jeff said- I've been impressed by ATT coverage out in the boonies. GF has Sprint and her coverage in the desert isn't nearly as good as mine.

A couple of my coworkers are tech guys and they explained that ATT uses lower frequency bandwidths which travel further and penetrate buildings better (or something to that effect). 

I use Cricket prepaid (ATT towers). $35/month (if you set up autopay) for 2.5gb of data at 8mbps. Plenty fast for me.

Interesting.

I pay $60 a month for unimited everything at metro pcs looks like cricket doesnt have that type of plan though...highest is 10GB......might have to see how much i actually use. 

• Like 1