Fuel mix ratio

Can running fuel mix cause bogging at about 3/4 throttle..... The only time I can get it to run right past 3/4 throttle is maybe 4th or 5th gear at the top of the power band.... Could someone please enlighten me on the subject.......I'm still kinda new to 2 strokes....bike is a 94 rm250 ( powervalve isn't stuck)

Running too rich*

Can running fuel mix cause bogging at about 3/4 throttle..... The only time I can get it to run right past 3/4 throttle is maybe 4th or 5th gear at the top of the power band.... Could someone please enlighten me on the subject.......I'm still kinda new to 2 strokes....bike is a 94 rm250 ( powervalve isn't stuck)

Running too rich*

I don't understand the first sentence, if your on a two stroke I would hope you using mixed fuel.

Obviously?..... That's why I put the * to show a correction lol......my question is if there's too much oil in the premix can it cause the bike to bog

IMO, an excessive amount of oil in your fuel mix can cause your carb to sludge up. And since the viscosity of the fluid running through your carb jets is most likely thicker than intended for the jets, I would think that it would be hard for it to flow through your jets correctly. Possibly causing the bog.

People say running a little extra oil instead of what the specs in the manual say isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I usually mix exactly what it calls for, because that's what the engineers came up with while testing the engines. What ratio are you mixing?

Edited by RogerThat60

When was the last rebuild ? Are you sure the peer valve is opening quickly and properly ? Is it dirty

Carb clean ?

Reasonable jetting?

Good reeds?

Properly silencer packing?

It's not the oil mix .... It's never the oil mix unless you run like >20:1 and never get on the throttle it's not what's causing the problem and should not be adjusted to alleviate the problem . You should run 32:1 In fresh premium gas using good 2t oil aka anything that implys it's good for dirt bikes basically just don't run smokeless outboard oils if you're doing that then it's one of the things above

It was probably mixed like 25:1 and it calls for 32:1...... I think it may be the reeds because it didn't start doing this until I took them out to inspect them and put them back in

And everything else mentioned is normal and I literally just re packed the silencer last night

Everybody gets this wrong.

More oil in a 2 stroke actually produces a leaner air/fuel ratio as a larger portion of the fuel is now taken by a non (or difficult) combustible fluid.

I have found that increasing oil on bikes tends to express overly rich pre existing conditions. If you are having problems, and you are using a sensible ratio (I never go above 32:1, most 125s require 25:1, oil is good), than I recommend dropping your needle (raising the clip), or dropping a main jet.