Sign in to follow this  

New basket?

My clutch was starting to act funny so I thought the steels could be glassd over but they weren't so I looked some more and I noticed the basket was notched. Do you guys think I need a new basket? And if so should I go back to oem or should I get something different. Clutch has 250h on it. I have a rekluse core Exp 3.0. Rekluse has 50h. 2013 250.

And with 250h on the clutch should I just go ahead a buy new fibers and steels to with it?

Fibers are 3.04mm spec is 2.85mm

Steels are 1.25mm spec is .10mm

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1446690811.632177.jpg

Edited by dirtman48

My basket looked similar to that when I opened it up and my mechanic recommended I replace it. If the grooves are too deep, the plates won't move freely within the basket causing the clutch to malfunction.

Btw if you do end up replacing it, do it yourself! I replaced mine for the first time last month and it was pretty easy if you have basic tools. Save yourself the cost of labor fees!

My basket looked similar to that when I opened it up and my mechanic recommended I replace it. If the grooves are too deep, the plates won't move freely within the basket causing the clutch to malfunction.

Btw if you do end up replacing it, do it yourself! I replaced mine for the first time last month and it was pretty easy if you have basic tools. Save yourself the cost of labor fees!

Yeah it felt like the clutch was like half working!

O yeah I'll do it my self, it's not hard at all.

best replacement option is wiseco, lifetime guarantee against notching.

Really?!? That's what I'll be getting!!

straight from the wiseco site, make a copy of the receipt and keep it on your computer.

We will stand behind all Clutch Baskets, Inner Hubs, and Pressure Plates by offering a LIFETIME WARRANTY if they were purchased after 1/1/2009. This warranty covers breakage and notching and covers the original purchaser when proof of purchase is presented directly to Wiseco Piston Inc.

Edited by Excitable