Sign in to follow this  

XR 400 Graphics

Hello there!

I was looking online to buy graphics for my XR 400 '97 and every design is lame, except the classic ones which are priced so high!
Since I am a designer I started to look online for the templates.Apparently you are able to buy the templates but for pretty high prices.
I was wandering if anybody has designed on his own graphics for his XR or anything similar.

Thanks !

They won't last long anyhow, spend your effort elsewhere. The XR4 is not a "pretty boy" bike, just change the oil once a decade and ride it. Both of you will be happier.

Yeah I learned the hard way and put the nicest ones you can get on the tank, I never knew gas fumes can seep through a plastic tank and ruin

Decals in just a couple of weeks..

I prefer the plain no graphics look but I've seen the XR's Only decals on a couple and they looked pretty nice to me.

Yeh I've done a few different kits for mine and am working on some others. I also own a sign and graphics business so can change mine as I like. The key to the graphics lasting is to profile cut "holes" in the material so there is spots for the fumes to escape. What makes me scratch my head is all the other bikes I have done kits for dont have the problems of fumes affecting the vinyls like the XR seems to.

I've made up two templates. One for the stock plastics and as I'm running a different front and rear fender, had to make another for it to suit mine as i is right now

Yeh I've done a few different kits for mine and am working on some others. I also own a sign and graphics business so can change mine as I like. The key to the graphics lasting is to profile cut "holes" in the material so there is spots for the fumes to escape. What makes me scratch my head is all the other bikes I have done kits for dont have the problems of fumes affecting the vinyls like the XR seems to.

I've made up two templates. One for the stock plastics and as I'm running a different front and rear fender, had to make another for it to suit mine as i is right now

Could you maybe share the templates by any chance?

Those holes ain't gonna save a decal the ones I got were super thick and full of holes it yellowed and bubbled off that's why everyone went to panels that bolt to the tank..

Yep. And then you have the glue to deal with. Makes no sense to go to school if you don't learn something. Dial in the susp and jetting and go ride the bike. Good luck.

Could you maybe share the templates by any chance?

With all due respect No. It takes hours and hours it takes to make them and it's also how I make my living. But happy to do a special price for people here, problem is shipping might kill price but with our pacific peso against the US dollar will prolly still work out cheap.

I've avoided offering them until I have put them through more testing. The current ones have only been on for a short time so need to see how they are in a few weeks. If they are still fine, then I'll make kits available.