Sign in to follow this  

Yz 85, what would it possibly cost to have an expert put in a new transmission

I didnt change my oil for about a month cause i didn't care too much about the bike but now i really miss riding and i drained my oil and found teeth in my oil, i took the the clutch apart and the teeth were fine do im thinking its the tranny any price range on a professional to replace a tranny?

That's what i was thinking I'm pretty smart mechanically but ill just roll the dice and try it out ill keep you updated when i do it

If you need help/tools try looking up a Facebook group in your area. There's a couple Facebook groups in my area with very helpful people. All local to me. You might find similar luck.

• Like 1

When my kid was on a yz85 we lost our tranny.

eBay was the ticket in getting it going. I bought a complete bottom end for $300. Got us through for a couple seasons till we moved to a 125.

Here's one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Yz85-Yz-85-Nice-Clean-Bottom-End-Crank-Cases-Transmission-Clutch-Shaft-/281845174982?hash=item419f4812c6:g:e4kAAOSw37tWBXo9&vxp=mtr

So i finally found the one i wanted it has the whole bottom end and complete set of thw motor but I'm gonna order the part this weekend and it should be complete by christmas

Yea this is my first time putting in a motor so I'm gonna have a buddy do it he's a mechanic so we will get it inspected and cleaned up ready for next year

They are not that hard to work on.

quite true, but very easy to put something in where it does not belong when its your first one.

make sure you get a manual if you don't have it already and dry fit the motor and run through the gears to make sure everything is ok before you bolt it back together.

Should i just order the tranny or should u by by whole motor?

I was thinking buy a new motor then when that motor needs a top end take it off the other motor but would that be good for it or no

I have the a problem near this i have a yz85 its making a loud grinding noise i changed the oil had metal shavings so your main bearing is probaly gone and is forcing gears to clash and there for metal shavings in oil . Time for bottom end rebuild or complete new motor