Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400S with 434 kit - what carb? What exhaust?

Hi all, 

i'm brand new to Thumper talk even though i have been reading articles on here for years. I have been riding a DRZ400E (licensed in Australia) for years when I lived back home. I had the shop deregulate everything when I first bought the bike and it has ran and still runs beautifully. When i moved to the states (California) I wanted another bike so i just picked up a 2009 DRZ 400S with a 434 kit, 3x3 mod, and jetting that i believe came in the 434 kit. 

So want to ask you experts what carb set up i should run with the 434 and what aftermarket exhaust you recommend? It has the stock diaphragm carb that is jetted so if you recommend i keep the carb, what jetting suits the 434 kit? I'll check jet sizes when i tear the rest of the bike down for comparison. 

Any comments welcome. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Hi all, 

i'm brand new to Thumper talk even though i have been reading articles on here for years. I have been riding a DRZ400E (licensed in Australia) for years when I lived back home. I had the shop deregulate everything when I first bought the bike and it has ran and still runs beautifully. When i moved to the states (California) I wanted another bike so i just picked up a 2009 DRZ 400S with a 434 kit, 3x3 mod, and jetting that i believe came in the 434 kit. 

So want to ask you experts what carb set up i should run with the 434 and what aftermarket exhaust you recommend? It has the stock diaphragm carb that is jetted so if you recommend i keep the carb, what jetting suits the 434 kit? I'll check jet sizes when i tear the rest of the bike down for comparison. 

Any comments welcome. Cheers. 

CVK40 carb (read the threads) and RS2 yoshimura full exhaust

• Like 1