Effects of suspension lowering

Closed chamber is a twin chamber. Are you comfortable taking the forks apart? If so remove the cartridge from the fork. The spring perch sits against a circlip. The circlip is seated in a groove. Simply machine a new groove farther up the cart equal to the spacer you install underneath the mid valve piston.

I ve done it before but maybe its  less jobb just put in a shortened spring for  the day my wife will drive

and whan i am on my own i put my springs back.

She is just learning so she just drive on flat ground

I have 3 front pair of fork spring and one extra shock spring

Later on i will bye a Kawa  KLX140 or a Yamaha TTR 125 for her

Cheers from Sweden

I ve done it before but maybe its less jobb just put in a shortened spring for the day my wife will drive

and whan i am on my own i put my springs back.

She is just learning so she just drive on flat ground

I have 3 front pair of fork spring and one extra shock spring

Later on i will bye a Kawa KLX140 or a Yamaha TTR 125 for her

Cheers from Sweden

Is there also a spacer limiting the travel of the fork?

To lower suspension you need more than just shorter springs. You also need to limit how much available travel the fork has by the same amount. If you get 30mm shorter springs you should have a 30mm spacer under the kidvalve to keep the fork from extending too far. If this isnt done then you will have a completely uncontrolled fork when topping out. This is dangerous.

To lower suspension you need more than just shorter springs. You also need to limit how much available travel the fork has by the same amount. If you get 30mm shorter springs you should have a 30mm spacer under the kidvalve to keep the fork from extending too far. If this isnt done then you will have a completely uncontrolled fork when topping out. This is dangerous.

Ok i will do that thanks for the help

Remember for anyone messing with this, if you just cut a spring shorter, you also make it a higher spring rate. This may be a problem for someone - it may not.

While it does make the spring stiffer a lot of stock springs are progressive and if you cut off then soft portion it's not a big change in the usable rate. The soft part is the end with the coils close together.
  • Like 1

While it does make the spring stiffer a lot of stock springs are progressive and if you cut off then soft portion it's not a big change in the usable rate. The soft part is the end with the coils close together.

That's true.  It would have the least effect if you cut that end.