Sign in to follow this  

Tubliss with golden tyre gummy

Anybody running this combination? Concerned about the sidewalls being too soft. Any input? Thx!

I have used the gr216x with tubliss at a local extreme event in South Africa (Umzumbe extreme) I started the day with about .5bar and let more air out a few times while waiting for a clear run up slimey waterfalls. It did work well but not as well as the mitas efo7 double green imho.

The mitas also has a kevlar sidewall, so much less likely to get cut! I did eventually get a sidewall cut in the gt216x that made it unusable, (to be fair it was my fault low pressure and a big drop off onto a concrete landing) but its a one race tyre and wont get you much further than 50-80km racing.

My everyday tyre is a mitas efo single green or metzeler 6days extreme soft in rain season and a mitas efo yellow or metzeler 6 days in dry season, all used with tubliss.

• Like 1

I have used the gr216x with tubliss at a local extreme event in South Africa (Umzumbe extreme) I started the day with about .5bar and let more air out a few times while waiting for a clear run up slimey waterfalls. It did work well but not as well as the mitas efo7 double green imho.

The mitas also has a kevlar sidewall, so much less likely to get cut! I did eventually get a sidewall cut in the gt216x that made it unusable, (to be fair it was my fault low pressure and a big drop off onto a concrete landing) but its a one race tyre and wont get you much further than 50-80km racing.

My everyday tyre is a mitas efo single green or metzeler 6days extreme soft in rain season and a mitas efo yellow or metzeler 6 days in dry season, all used with tubliss.

+1