Sign in to follow this  

Where on the east coast tunes Hondas ECUs?

Hey guys. Just picked up a 2010 CRF450r with less than 10 hrs on it. Liking the ride so far but it needs some work. The handling is super squirly as the front end tries to get away from me as straights and pinning the throttle. Rag sag is good at 101mm so I've tried to stiffen the damper...hopefully that helps.

Anyway the other issue is the top end. SUPER strong low-mid but it just falls flat at the top. Been reading a lot on here about how an exhaust and remap takes care of that issue. So I have called every cycle shop in a 100 mile radius(I am located in Baltimore County MD) and NO ONE around here has the honda software. The closest I got was a performance shop called MRP motorsports who has a dyno, but the only carry the software for the other 3 jap names. Their only solution was a power commander. I would love to save $300 on the PC since I know the ecu can be mapped with the right shop. I also heard of this Ed scisserio(sp?) who does $50 remaps if you ship them your ecu, but the last posts from 2013-14 were of people not getting parts they ordered ect. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

my 09 has a ssw remap it was a big difference.

the other one you could do is tokyo mods.

the hpsd is junk get a scotts dampner

merge knucle

running a rate stiffer than stock fork springs with 3mm preload vs the stock 7mm

105mm sag

fixes it right up

and $$

22mm tripple clamps if you wanna really top it off.

revalved the stock damper is good. scotts your bars are sky high(under mount). top mount the damper sets on top of the bars .I ruined one in a crash bike flipped (cartwheeled ) was a top mount . GPR used to make a thin damper and top triple clamp that it mounted in that let you run close to stock risers. If you ride mainly tracks the stocker revalved is really good I've had both and the gpr as well on a 06 yz450.

Send the ECU to Ron Hamp Cycles in Michigan - he charges $50-55 - send it priority mail and he will priority mail it back.  Shouldn't take to long to get it back since you are in MD.

Tokyo Mods is good too, but they are in California.  It will take an extra 2-4 to get it back.