Sign in to follow this  

Cruising around looking for trails (or just making your own)

Just got a brand new bike the other day (actually gotta take it into the dealer because it's leaking oil pretty badly...but that's another story)...I love it! I actually instantly fell in love with it, and I like it even more then my quad. The main thing that I dig about it is the fact that it can go almost ANYWHERE!

I find myself constantly driving my car around in search of woods, so I can plan my next outing on the bike. A lot of these wooded areas don't have any trails in them, but so long as there's spaces in between the trees, I go in anyway. Usually, I end up just finding thicker woods inside where I can't fit the bike, so I come out and continue to ride around the perimeter of the woods in search of trails.

Sometimes, I end up finding some trails and I get all excited! I jump on the trails wondering where they will lead me to...usually they just end up ending inside the woods or at a creek or something, but other times they lead me out into another neighborhood or something.

In my exploring, I've also found several spots that have been closed off to riders (ATVs can't fit), but my dirtbike usually can slip right by the barriers!

I'm new to the dirtbike world, and right now the most fun thing for me is simply exploring and looking for trails and shortcuts from one neighborhood to the next. I live in Philadelphia, but right on th outskirts/suburbs. Therefore, there's some woods around, but I still have to hit main roads a lot to get around. The adrenaline rush that I get from riding on main roads is pretty sweet too. It's like I know I have to get out of site ASAP because I don't want any cops to see me; it's a fun thrill.

So right now it's all about just exploring for me. This is not something I was able to do on my quad. I'm obsessed with it!

Anyone else feel the same way? Or is this just the phase that everyone goes through when they get their first dirtbike?

Yeah it is a thrill, however be careful they can take your bike, I bought myself a dual sport so I can go virtually anywhere in the world and not be hassled by cops when I need to hit the main roads.