Sign in to follow this  

question for you stealthy FWW owners

Hey guys a little background, Im a machinist by trade. Ive machined parts for my bikes for years. Im interested in making a FWW this winter for my CR. Stealthy seems to be a big choice when buying one. I can buy one but its a pride thing, Bragging rights you know. So here is my question. The stealthy appears to be threaded to "take place" of the flywheel nut? correct? so my question is how do you go about torqueing the flywheel? Do you torque the original flywheel nut to set the flywheel on the taper and then remove the nut and install the weight. Or does the stealthy come with a tool to allow you to torque the flywheel to place?

Tool.

Nothing but a 1/4" plate with 3/8" socket hole . Two holes are tapped in the flywheel to attach.

Look on their site.

Pride is a killer. Sure you don't want to just buy it?

You pretty much answered your own question, torque the flywheel first without the weight installed, remove the nut and replace it with the weight by tightening with their "tool" that is temporarily mounted to the weight, then tighten the set screws that are around the circumference of the weight in order to lock the weight to the flywheel.

Awesome, that was gonna be the route I took, installing the flywheel first. Just wanted some reassurance