Sign in to follow this  

little finger DIP tenodesis or arthrodesis, anyone else?

So a month ago, on vacation, i tripped over boisterous dogs at my dads house, and cut my finger on glass, severed the tendon and nerves at the last joint of the pinkie. a couple weeks later, got the tendon and nerves repaired. a couple weeks after that the repaired tendon ruptured (apparently 5-10% of them do that, unlucky for me), so now they just tacked the tendon to the bone to stabilize the joint, leaving me with a slight permanent bend in the last joint of my pinkie (DIP joint).  Anyone else have a similar experience? how has it affected your life?

the docs assure me after the incisions heal i won't really notice it much, and will be able to go back to shooting, dirtbiking, hockey, etc....

Most of the time people hardly notice this.  If it is painful have an arthrodesis.  You can come visit me.  I haven't seen you for a few years.

thanks for the reassurance. I found out friday that one of my co-workers (an LEO and dog-handler) has had the same thing for 20 years. He said it doesn't affect his life at all, or give him any problems motorcycling or shooting.

I hope you won't be offended if I try to stay out of your office a little longer, lol. :cheers: