Sign in to follow this  

Triple Clamps

I have a kx450f 2007 and i been told i should upgrade my Triple Clamp. Just wondering how would a triple clamp benefit and wht are the pros and cons?

Who told you that and did they give you a reason as to why you should upgrade? Stock clamps work just fine unless they are cracked or damaged. 

And old buddy of mine he just said it would help increase stability and handling is that true or should i just stay with the stock One i mean its in great shape never has an issue with it and it looks just fine

Personally there are many ways to get more outta your money than triple clamps. IMO. The biggest benefit is in steering, if you've already done everything else and have $ to burn have at it. A suspension revalve, rekluse, bike or body protection , exhaust, steering dampener are all ways id spend money long before new triple clamps. I have an 07 kxf I've done all those other things. Don't ever see why I'd replace my triple clamps.

• Like 1

22mm triple clamps are a huge improvement to the handling/feel of the front end.much better cornering characteristic with more front wheel traction ....I've had 22mm PC clamps on my 09 and loved what it did for the bike.

Putting some on my 06 as soon as they get here

• Like 1

You might find some 09 and up triples on eBay for not much money. They have less offset than the 07 and will work fine. You may have to use the number plate from those models as they changed the number plate lower mount.

Out of all the mods mentioned, I would #1 revalve my suspension, and #2 get new triple clamps. All the rest is unnecessary in my opinion. That said, I have a '15 kx450 and don't feel the need for either a revalve or new triple clamps, but given the funding, I wouldn't hesitate to revalve and get new clamps.

• Like 1