Sign in to follow this  

APE vs PSR cam chain tensioner.

Which would you consider the better tensioner the APE or the PSR? Like which has better built and quality?

I have the choice between the two for the same price so any advice helps.

Which would you consider the better tensioner the APE or the PSR? Like which has better built and quality?

Toss a coin. :facepalm:

it's a bolt, with two nuts, nothing magic

Lol thanks guys. I know it's a basic part. An I figured I would get answers like this. I was hopping to hear something helpful.

Like the psr has a o ring gasket and the ape has a flat gasket. Or the craftsmanship is better on one of them.

It's obviously more then a bolt and two nuts.

Someone could have told me they are built exactly the same way or how they are differenent could have been a help.

But thanks for they laugh anyways.

Lol thanks guys. I know it's a basic part. An I figured I would get answers like this. I was hopping to hear something helpful.

Like the psr has a o ring gasket and the ape has a flat gasket. Or the craftsmanship is better on one of them.

It's obviously more then a bolt and two nuts.

Someone could have told me they are built exactly the same way or how they are differenent could have been a help.

But thanks for they laugh anyways.

some people will say one is junk and the other is awesome, because the latter is powder coated.

again, it's a bolt and two nuts. you can make one for yourself in twenty minutes or so. it's the adjustment process that matters.

• Like 1

Neither, but I have a tap set.  I could make one in about 5 minutes for $1 in materials.  I would use RTV instead of a gasket or O-ring.  RTV is easier to find than either should a leak develop.  otherwise, it's a piece of plate with a fully threaded bolt and a jamb nut.  Doesn't get much more simple. 

Only if you enjoy premature cam chain stretch and excessive wear :ph34r:

unpossible ! my bike is brand new ! no way the same issues from the last sixteen years of drz's will effect mine, because mine is brand newwwww ! 

;-) 

• Like 1

unpossible ! my bike is brand new ! no way the same issues from the last sixteen years of drz's will effect mine, because mine is brand newwwww !

;-)

Yours is brand new, perfect time to switch to a MCCT before you get any cam chain stretch imo

• Like 1

Yours is brand new, perfect time to switch to a MCCT before you get any cam chain stretch imo

sorry about that, i was being sarcastic :)      mine has over 40k on it. 

• Like 1

Hey what about the cnc made aluminium do hickey that holds the bolt and two nuts and in turn is bolted to the engine? See there is more to it than that... ;)

Only if you enjoy premature cam chain stretch and excessive wear :ph34r:

Myth.....this information has been regurgitated so much it became a fact. :thumbsdn:  :excuseme:

Myth.....this information has been regurgitated so much it became a fact. :thumbsdn::excuseme:

I got the myth at 14,000 miles. other myths can be found in the FAQ section. my favorite is the loctite fixes. it's always a myth until it happens.

• Like 1