Sign in to follow this  

Fall/winter Jetting 300 2banger Husky/Ktm

Should i rejet all 3 circuits or just pilot?

What are your currently running, what temp did you set it up for last, what is your altitude and planned temp range? The airscrew will tell you if you need to swap the pilot, I would buy a 38 preemptively. You will have to swap to a bigger main. You shouldn't have to touch the needle if you have already found a good setting before now and you pick the correct pilot and main.

I have a 2015 300TE that I am about to mess with I have no idea whats in it now for jetting. I have picked up a NECH needle for it along with a ktm SXS head.

I have played with a few 300 ktm motors jetting so I shouldn't be to far off

I am in the pacfic north west and I plan to start with 

pilot 40

mainjet 168

needle nech middle clip position

sxs hi compression head all else is as it come from the shop.

So sorry i asked this with no data. 40degrees and 700' stock jetting, gotta look.

I guess i hear about tge suzuki needle but would this work for cold weather too? Dont want to lean it out of season. OR do people use this necj needle and just re pilot when air screw is n more than 1-1.5 and then put 38-40 main?

The needle can affect the main jet circuit. However, my switch to the suzuki needle did not require me to change main jets. Since what the needle does is control the transition from pilot to main and vice versa by altering the flow of the main jet, it is my opinion that one needle can be used for all seasons if it works well. I typically don't even change the clip position once set up, because with the correct pilot and main changes for weather there is no need to as long as you are not changing pipes and such.

Yeah if the airscrew is turned in richer than 1 turn out, it is time to go up one on the pilot jet, and probably the main as well. Always confirm the main; its easy as cake.

Edited by clappedoutkx

Yes, confirming main jet sizing is conducting a plug chop, dyno pulls, or using your butt dyno, if it is calibrated. Don't fall into the trap of riding around for a day and then looking at the tip of the plug. That's not how a plug is read and will only provide confusion. Read "Spankys Jetting Guide" or "Is Your Two Stroke Running Rich?", and let us know if you have questions.

The needle I went with is NEDJ. It was used on the 2008 RM250. I have not tried the NECJ yet, but I believe it is basically the same, but half a clip position leaner. I suspect either needle will do the trick for you.

• Like 1

what exactly is the difference from  NECJ/ NEDJ?

Is it whare the taper begins or?

perhaps the angle of the taper on the needle?

The clip positions are machined 1/2 position leaner on the necj. If you have the nedj and can't decide if you want the clip in the 3rd or 4th position, and want a 3.5, the necj is for you. So, either needle should work fairly well, but I've only used one of them personally.