Sign in to follow this  

2004 crf250r valves

I know the bikes valves are known for going bad and I'll need to adjust them, but if I changed them to kibblewhite stainless steel valves, will I still have to adjust them as much or will I be set? And is there a way where I can set it up to where I don't have to keep adjusting the ones in it (new oem valves)

I havent had any movement in 40hrs with mine, same bike. If you keep your airfilter working properly and dont ride the rev limiter a lot the oem valves will be fine. Get the seats cut by a good moto shop if you change them out.

Either way you will still want to check them regularly and after you shim them once if the clearance starts moving fast replace them quickly. If I had it to do over again I would have just stuck with oem probably, replace them before they get bad and cut the seats every other time and they will be fine.

My SS valves have 80hrs on them and have not moved, most of the time I turn 11,500rpm max in the woods. After dropping 2 teeth on the back sprocket it lowered my average shift point 800-1000rpm before was around 12,250rpm.

My valves now need to be adjusted because the damn thing will not start! (Has great compression and spark under compression) I'm cleaning the carb this weekend and my buddy is gonna help me adjust the valves because I have never done it, how much were your ss valves?

It ran about $400 for the valves, springs, and cutting the seats. Bigborethumpers has the best deal I think, they are cheaper than what i paid.