Sign in to follow this  

Listen to my cr

2001 CR250. 2 hours on top end. Piston seems to be running true by looking in the exhaust and intake ports. I'm anal about engine noise (I know that's not good when owning a 2t) but how does my bike sound to you 2 stroke experts

Sorry guys it should be fixed now. I don't know weather to cuss youtube or myself for being technology dumb lol. Hopefully it works now

Sounds good mate, here's one of mine to reference from. My engine was torn down and inspected by myself maybe a few hours of riding before this video was made.

The piston movement has a particular noise that sounds rough but it's completely normal. If your worried about bearing noise you can check the stator side main pretty easily.

Edited by WeekendRDR
  • Like 2

I feel better now. There is no play in the flywheel bearing. The side to side clearance of the rod was pushing the high limit but still within spec when I had it apart. Earlier this year I had a piston to wall clearance issue. Had about .009 difference. I'm at .003 piston to wall now and it sounds A LOT better. Just wanted to make sure it sounded normal now. I'm a 4t guy so these things sound crazy loud to me lol

When I bought my aircooled 84 cr-500 it made all kinds of noises, rattling clanking and clunking, the engine was rebuilt by a great mechanic, and he told me they make all kinds of noise, His old it-490 sounded like it was going to blow up, its all up to the untrained ear what to listen for. your cr sounds ok to me too. :thumbsup: