Sign in to follow this  

2012 rmz 450

Okay so I got rid of my 2013 ktm 250 xc... Loved the bike had several things done to it. Now I have a 2012 that I traded it for with a lil cash. Love both bikes, just wondering if there is anything that these 12 rmz are know for that I can take care of before it happens. And I'm new to the forums so take an easy. Don't want no 2 t vs 4 t I own several machines so that is not what I'm asking. Let me have your advice!

1446776082076.jpg

1446776097062.jpg

Great bikes.    I still have my 2012 rmz 450 which I bought new in the beginning of the year in 2012. Managed to put 250 hours on it and it is still running.  Just replace the normal wear parts and the bike will take care of you.

Great bikes. I still have my 2012 rmz 450 which I bought new in the beginning of the year in 2012. Managed to put 250 hours on it and it is still running. Just replace the normal wear parts and the bike will take care of you.

That's just what I wanted to hear! Awesome thanks for the response!

That bike looks to be in mint condition. Just check the chain slider and axel block slider for wear

That bike looks to be in mint condition. Just check the chain slider and axel block slider for wear

Thanks man yea it still has the original tires and evrrything! I will check that out agian the rear wheel chatters pretty bad....

Bought mine new in 2012 also and still riding it. Easily over 300 hours and still Rips. Have replaced piston twice for peace of mind but has never let me down. Bike handles like a dream.

Wow !!! Those hour claims are nice to know since I myself own a 12 rmz. How has yalls valves held up ? And most importantly how were the bikes rode ? Raced or just trail riding ?

Wow !!! Those hour claims are nice to know since I myself own a 12 rmz. How has yalls valves held up ? And most importantly how were the bikes rode ? Raced or just trail riding ?

Raced from the get go on motocross at a pro level.  It has been completely rebuilt once and valves once.  Besides the initial break in the valves never moved.  Overall I am pretty impressed with the bike as a whole.

Raced from the get go on motocross at a pro level. It has been completely rebuilt once and valves once. Besides the initial break in the valves never moved. Overall I am pretty impressed with the bike as a whole.

That's nice to hear I bought my 12 with 10 hours of pro ax practice on it and 20 hours of c woods racing on it or that's what I was told. It now has a total of 38 or so hours and I'm fixing to replace the top end and timing chain the week checked the valves and they seemed well with in spec I was shocked at the wide range of clearance Suzuki gives for the valves. Honda's are a lot tighter

38 hours, its only just run in. You can do 60-80 (150) no worries on these bikes. But since you haven't owned it from new might be piece of mind

38 hours, its only just run in. You can do 60-80 (150) no worries on these bikes. But since you haven't owned it from new might be piece of mind

My thoughts exactly. Those hours are just what i was told but who knows the actual hours. I always try and do a top end every 50 hours or so I had a timing chain to break mid flight on a 250f and it coasted me a lot of money. And I don't like to just change the timing chain and not the piston. Top ends aren't to expensive. Kinda said I just rebuilt my cr125 from the crank up for 330$. Looked at a OEM zook crank and it was 557$ with out bearings and everything else. Smh 4 strokes Edited by AdamW21

My thoughts exactly. Those hours are just what i was told but who knows the actual hours. I always try and do a top end every 50 hours or so I had a timing chain to break mid flight on a 250f and it coasted me a lot of money. And I don't like to just change the timing chain and not the piston. Top ends aren't to expensive. Kinda said I just rebuilt my cr125 from the crank up for 330$. Looked at a OEM zook crank and it was 557$ with out bearings and everything else. Smh 4 strokes

I have a brand new OEM crank and bearings for a 2012 sitting in a box I would part with for 300.00

• Like 1

Desert raced most her life. Constant high speed and lives in the top third of every gear. Don't lug too much. Valves have never needed adjustment. Pretty impressive how she's held up.

• Like 1