Sign in to follow this  

CR125 Case

I just bought a 2000 CR125 that I knew needed bottom end engine work.  Turns out the bottom end troubles were only a loose stator but in the process I noticed that the engine doesn't fit right at the back mount between the swing arm.  It actually fits up against the swing arm on the left side but the right side has a gap of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.  I'm wondering if maybe the cases were changed at some point and the right side case is not the right one.  The thickness of the case from the center seam to the edge of the mounting boss is narrower on the right side than the left.  Does anyone know if the cases were changed at the rear mount at some point along the way?  It is still bolted up to a left side that looks right to me so if the rear mount was changed on the case, it was the only thing changed.  I'd like to fix this problem but I'd like to know for sure how it got this way first.

If anyone has a 2000 cr125, I'd appreciate a picture of the rear engine mount to see if I can tell what is different on mine.