Sign in to follow this  

Honda CT110 postie bike won't run

Hi everyone, I attempted to do a carby clean on our little ct110 postie muck around bike today. However, I couldn't get it going afterwards. As we were trying to fire it up, we decided to pour a couple of mm's of fuel down the throttle needle outlet at the top of the carby. We'd fire it up after that, and it would run for about 4-5 seconds really high and then die. So could someone tell me what I've done wrong? Did I place the float in right? It's getting fuel through the fuel line as I primed the fuel line and I filled it up with some fresh fuel aswell. I was really confident that it was gonna be all good and it would fire up and I thought I put everything back right, but I spose this is how you learn haha. Any help will be appreciate

Any rust in the tank? I usually have to blow the lines and tank fittings after mine sits a while. If you are getting steady fuel then what about spark? How does the plug look? Contacts need to be cleaned? If thats good what about the air intake and exhaust? Neither clogged?

Get someone to help you push/bump start it. That helps when kicking just wont do it. I click into 1sr then click into second but hold pedal down right foot body on left. Get buddy to push then when you release the shifter sit on the seat so it wont skid. Play with the throttle a little to coax her.

Oh and make sure the key and kill switch are set to run...dont ask me how many times i have kicked myself tired only to see the key off...