Sign in to follow this  

XR600R carb question.

Good day dudes, havent been on here for a while.

Quick question: Can I fit a XR650R carb on a XR600R? or even the XR650L carb?

Or a Mikuni BST40? Except the FCR that is my options.....

XR650R uses a 40mm,,XR600 uses a 38mm..They both use the same jet types in each.,meaning basically to me that they are the same except for the 38/40 thing.. I would say that the 650r carb is identical except in the internal bore size on the intake at the motor end,,ie,,the external side on that end probably,,note I said "probably" as I'm not certain on it is the same meaning it may fit the normal 600 intake manifold. I'm not sure whether the airbox connection side of the 650r is the same as a 600r. All I can say is Honda tend to keep carb design the same for a bit on a range of XR models..I don't know about the CV 650L carb except to say it'd be a downgrade to put one of them on a 600..Dunno about the Mikuni..I have jetting recommendations for flatslide 38 and 40mm ones of them..I'm sure if the airbox end of the 650r was a slightly different size you could mickey something together pretty easily to make it fit the 600s connection. You would of course maybe need to change the jets and the needle around in the 650r carb to suit the 600..ie,,normal sort of stuff..

Edited by Horri

The 600R and 650L carbs are the same diameter at the engine side, but different bell diameters at the intake side. But the two air box boots are interchangeable, so you could I guess fit either carb to either bike.

If you have a 600R, the 650L carb would be a step backward perforance wise. I thought 650R carbs were similar to 600R carbs, a non- CV slide style without an accelerator pump.