Sign in to follow this  

300xc-w or 350xcf-w 2015-16

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are as to pros and cons of both bike.

Curious as to which bike ppl prefer for dual sport riding. As a 4S guy I'm curious to all the commotion that the 300xc-w is the next best thing in the woods.

You really need to ride a 2T before you seriously consider buying one.  They are VERY different from 4T's.  I rode the 300 XCW and found it to be extremely buzzy and had a fairly violent power band that was quite intimidating when I was standing .... which you tend to do a lot on these bikes.  As a result I am sticking with my 4T. 

Yes exactly I need to find one to ride but then again everyone said the new xcw band is tame but at the same time I love 4T but hear about the flame out on tight single track which is what I ride

While I have not ridden the 15-16 bikes I have ridden both a 350 and 300. The 300 has a short and strong power band that is pretty low. Great torque, just felt like I had to shift a lot compared to my 350. The 300 is faster by a bike length or two up to 70 ish.

The 350 is soft on the bottom in comparison, but revs out great. Suspension felt similar between the two bikes. If I went 2-st again the 300 would be the bike. For flame outs, just install a rekluse. Best investment for the 350 ever.

For true dual sporting, I think the 500 is the better choice. Runs better on the road and still fully trail capable.

3 years ago I went back to 2 stroke after riding an XR400 for 12 years. I too had been up in the air on which to buy, the 300 or 350. Then I got a ride on 2 different 300s of a couple of friends, one with a Rekluse, the other stock.

I figured I had a pretty good idea what the 350 would be like, being a 4 stroke, but all the talk about the 4 stroke-like characteristics of the 300 and it's tunability to suit your wants/needs had me intrigued. Couple that with it's lighter, more nimble feel in tight single track. Exactly what this 58 year old dude was needing. Talked to my friends at length about the 300. Ended up ordering a new 2013xcw.

Buzzy? That takes me back. I thought that too initially. I suppose it is, more than a 4 stroke anyway. The new grips and taller handlebars I swapped out to may have made a difference, as I don't even think about it now. The 300 has been fantastic. I have over 150 hrs on it, in all types of terrain. Put a Rekluse in it over a year ago. It and the 300s tunable power valve makes this thing a tractor if that's what you need. Love it.

As for which would be better the dualsport. "Dualsport" can mean different things to different people. You need to elaborate more on that. More "black top" road riding, commuting and long distance multiday trips on the bike, I'd say the 350. More short juants on the road for connecting trails, riding into town for food/fuel, the 300.

• Like 2

I mean dual sport for more so trail to trail not much on the road really tight technical trails single trails

I just traded in my 2012 300 xc for a 2015 350 exc.

So here in NJ it was about the 350 being street legal Big plus for dual sport.

The 300 had more total power- and hit harder- but was easy to ride and light weight. For hare scrambles it was a hole shot king.

The 350 slight less power but smother- power.

I enjoy both bikes but for trail riding I like the 350 better- it more enjoyable say going down a fire road at 40 mph. Less buzzy. For hare scrambles the 300 had more punch. But for racing enduros I like the 350exc.

Both bikes can do either- I think the 2 stroke would be cheaper to own, the a 4 stroke when it comes to rebuild time.

I think the 350 six days is sounding more so my style

We will see ... Going to settle on the idea a month or so

3 years ago I went back to 2 stroke after riding an XR400 for 12 years. I too had been up in the air on which to buy, the 300 or 350. Then I got a ride on 2 different 300s of a couple of friends, one with a Rekluse, the other stock.

I figured I had a pretty good idea what the 350 would be like, being a 4 stroke, but all the talk about the 4 stroke-like characteristics of the 300 and it's tunability to suit your wants/needs had me intrigued. Couple that with it's lighter, more nimble feel in tight single track. Exactly what this 58 year old dude was needing. Talked to my friends at length about the 300. Ended up ordering a new 2013xcw.

Buzzy? That takes me back. I thought that too initially. I suppose it is, more than a 4 stroke anyway. The new grips and taller handlebars I swapped out to may have made a difference, as I don't even think about it now. The 300 has been fantastic. I have over 150 hrs on it, in all types of terrain. Put a Rekluse in it over a year ago. It and the 300s tunable power valve makes this thing a tractor if that's what you need. Love it.

This is essentially where I'm at. Roughly 2 yrs ago, after a 30+ year lay off from off roading I purchased an '06 450EXC.....I THOUGHT I was in love but I quickly found in our tight rocky terrain in NNJ, it wasn't love at all but exhaustion....lol...between the heft and brute grunt AND my lack of experience, it was just too much to bear so I sold it a few weeks ago. 

I, too, have been hearing all about the praises of 2 stroke bikes forever, these last few yrs regarding woods bikes so I can't deny being intrigued and wanting to try it for myself. The ONLY difference being is I want a 250 first. I think the 300 would be too much for me. 

Anyone here know much about the 2007 250XCW, I don't know much about their model line, the stay away from years, etc.....any input would help me out, as I have one lined up that I would like to go see......however, I also have a '13 WR250F I can go look at that is only a few hundred more.....THOUGHTS guys???

Edited by XFBO

Haha I'm starting to think that would be nice maybe keep the 450X and buy the 300