Sign in to follow this  

09 crf250r fuel in oil?

I bought this bike used. After my first ride seized the bottom end. Replaced all bearings, seals, and crank/con. Next ride dropped a valve due to a shattered keeper. (Bike was obviously abused). Replaced the valves, reset to spec, and rode on. Later (4-6 hours) my left side crank seal caught the cam chain (unknowingly) and the bike would sputter and kick, and I could not start it for the life of me. The filings covered the stator and wouldn't have a strong spark. I replaced the seals and kept ridding. Later while riding suddenly my cam chain skipped a tooth, now my intake valves were barely clapping the piston. I shut off immediately. Replacing cam chain, intake valves, and tensioner. I ride the bike as normal and it ran great. I had to do some carb work after sinking myself in a puddle, and I adjusted my float height, cleaned my jets and threw it back together.

After all this bullsh*t my bike is running good and strong. Still hard to start (valves in spec) and my engine oil level is rising while riding. (Tran oil is still at spec so that seal is ok) but I noticed the oil is thinning out, not getting milky as it would with coolant. So all I can figure is fuel in the oil. Could that be from a leaking float valve or high float level? I'm running out of ideas!! Any input is greatly appreciated

Yes, either can cause that but not when riding.

If you leave the petcock 'on' and the bike not running, the leaking is possible and stoppable.

If you leave the petcock 'on' and then trailer' truck the bike, expect the bouncing about to make fuel leak in the carb and dilute the oil.

If you have contamination while the engine is running, your rings/barrel are bad.

I've replaced the rings within 5 hours of riding. And the cylinder has good cross hatching. Replaced cylinder and head gasket thinking it was coolant but like I said it's not milky at all just diluted

Hmm.. I don't think so. Gas would probably come out your vent hoses or the carb seam before getting into the engine. When you turn your petcock on, does gas trickle out of the carb?

I'll do a leak down test tomorrow. No there is no fuel coming out of vent hoses. I topped my oil up cold to the top line on dipstick with it not screwed in. I don't think it would expand enough to the brim of the threads? I dumped some out and did another lap and again it rose up about 1/4-1/2 inch

I think your float needle is seating properly. Oil level will raise on dipstick as the bike heats up. 4 strokes have 3 rings, if they are sealing properly and you haven't seriously overfilled your bike with oil I don't think gas is in your bottom end