Sign in to follow this  

Help!

Guys, i was out riding today and apparently i didnt tighten the two nuts that hold the header on to the engine tight enough. I thought it would get too hot for locktite so i decided not to use any. Anyways, i searched all over the web and this forum and cant figure out what size/kind of nut it is and where to buy it. Please let me know.

Thanks so much

I have a bag full of stainless 8mm flange nuts and can shoot you a couple if you want. 13mm head though.

Email hrcracing27@gmail.com if you want them.

I bought them for my rimlocks. Bottom of tower nuts (spacers) then these. No more worry about scratching tower nuts.

20151106_182043-1.jpg

Edited by HRC27

Advance auto parts has them as well.....but you should be able to get them at Home Depot or Ace/True Value

Thanks alot for your help guys! I picked up some m8-1.25 "hex nuts course" from oreillys but it keeps on getting stuck about halfway down the bolt. Are these different than the bolts you guys were talking about?

14468593668261367332370.jpg

Thanks alot for your help guys! I picked up some m8-1.25 "hex nuts course" from oreillys but it keeps on getting stuck about halfway down the bolt. Are these different than the bolts you guys were talking about?

They say 8mm x 1.25 so they should be fine. However, they do look weird at the threads. Maybe just the pic.

Clean up the studs good as they may have corrosion or old Loc-Tite on them.

Edited by HRC27