Sign in to follow this  

New clutch cable

Hey im putting a new crf150f clutch cable on. And just wondering what the proper adjustment for the clutch slack and setting . Thanks.

I know if you have the adjustment wrong , the clutch can slip . It's a night and day difference between the new and old cable .

Hey im putting a new crf150f clutch cable on. And just wondering what the proper adjustment for the clutch slack and setting . Thanks.

It's states the proper way to adjust your clutch in a factory OEM Honda shop manual.

I know I saw that for the free play for the clutch lever , just didn't see a setting for the bottom by the motor. But I think I have it

I would have to go back and look at the manual but I've never seen an adjustment spec for the engine side of a normal cable-type clutch cable (as opposed to a hydraulic setup).  The only time I've ever adjusted the engine side was if I had ran out of adjustment at the lever side.

OK thanks , I saw the clutch lever was 10-20 mm . But yeah just wanted to be safe . I wasn't sure really at what part the clutch engages on the engines side. But I believe I got it .