Sign in to follow this  

Winter project?

2002 cr 250. The water pump is leaking so I know the seals are shot. The question is should I go with all OEM parts to rebuild the water pump or get a rebuild kit like from all balls? Next I want to make this bike into a woods machine, Is the Eric Gorr 265 kit the way to go? Ive read about the "mo better" port job but I wonder if the "low to mid" would suite me better. I like to short shift and don't care to rev things up. Any thoughts?

2002 cr 250. The water pump is leaking so I know the seals are shot. The question is should I go with all OEM parts to rebuild the water pump or get a rebuild kit like from all balls? Next I want to make this bike into a woods machine, Is the Eric Gorr 265 kit the way to go? Ive read about the "mo better" port job but I wonder if the "low to mid" would suite me better. I like to short shift and don't care to rev things up. Any thoughts?

ive had pretty good luck with all balls stuff, i would trust them todo a waterpump rebuild. Oem is probably going to last a bit longer tho. I low/mid ported 265 would be a stump pulling killer in the woods.

Edited by adam8781